Since1940, Conservation Districts in New York have led local efforts in their pledge to save and faithfully defend from waste the natural resources of our country - its soil and minerals, its forests, waters and wildlife.
The mission of Rondout Neversink Stream Management Program is to protect and restore stream system stability and ecological integrity by providing for the long-term stewardship of streams and floodplains.
How We work:
- Multi-objective watershed stream management plans
- Informed by latest stream science and regional data
- Restoration demonstrates best practices for stream system stability
- Utilizing native plant material; controlling invasive species.
- In partnership with Town and County governments, private riparian landowners and land trusts
- Guided and advised by community stakeholders in a Watershed Advisory Group
- Administered through Sullivan County Soil & Water Conservation District